Sunday, February 15, 2015

Ciao!

It's the week of midterms and I thought I would take a break from studying to put up a short blog post.
`



       Perugia has been amazing to me. I have met people from all over Europe and fallen in love with not only the city, but the people. I have developed a coffee and chocolate addiction and I may never recover. Our little Italian apartment has become a home full of friends and good food. The cafe down the street knows my order when I walk in, and they even help me muddle along in conversations in Italian. I have almost mastered the Italian train system and survived the first strike. I've gone to Assisi and Spoleto and discovered the train ride from Perugia to Rome one of my favorite things because of the pure beauty of the Italian country side. I don't know how I'll ever go back to Florida oranges after tasting the oranges from Sicily or how I'll survive without the slightly angry old man making my coffee every morning.


      My roommate Lauren and I ventured to Dublin and I will get to putting those pictures up soon. I have to give a shout out to how fantastically friendly the people of Dublin were. We decided to be adventurous and stay at and AirBnB and the lady who hosted us was the nicest woman ever. She provided us with a plethora of guidebooks to Dublin and even went out of her way to print our bus tickets. Dublin was truly lovely because of the people there. Anyway, the point of this talk of Dublin is to say, I knew I studied abroad in the right city when I couldn't wait to get back to Perugia.

      Love you all,
-Summer







1 comment: